One of the things on my ‘Pinterest’ list was to make Bleach Pen T-Shirts. I finally got around to making them and I think they turned out so cute. I will definitely be making them again. I bought the shirt below because it was a gift, but they would be great to do on an old t-shirt.
They are really simple to make. For those of you that have a cutting machine such as a Cricut or Silhouette and can import svg files I have created this ‘Love’ image for you to download. I’m still holding out for some magic fairy to bring me a Silhouette Cameo, but for now my Cricut is still my friend. I guess I won’t hold my breath.
How To Make Bleach Pen T-shirts
1. Find a piece of cardboard and place it inside the shirt under image. You don’t want the bleach to run through on both sides.
2. Cut out your image on contact paper using the one I designed or any other stencil you may have. You could even buy large stickers and use the negative side to stick onto your shirt.
3. Place your image on your shirt where you want it and press it down so that there are no openings. Take your bleach pen (you can buy them at The Dollar Tree now!) and ‘color’ in your image.
4. Wait 10-25 minutes for the bleach to start working. The gray shirt turned out so cute because it turned this pinkish color. I think it took about 15 minutes. The darker shirts I made for my girls below took a bit longer for the bleach to start working.
5. Once you are happy with the color take off the contact paper. Don’t worry if it’s not perfect. It makes it unique! Run the bleached part of the shirt under cold water and wipe most of the bleach off with your hands. Then wash your t-shirt in the washing machine.
My cute girls.
I ‘LOVE’ how each color bleaches a little bit differently.
Click on the ‘LOVE’ image below to download the svg file.