For a good laugh you will have to read to the end. It is pretty funny.
I have this good friend. Her name is Caryn.
She is my other crafty partner in crime.
She is always coming up with fun projects. Now that I have this blog to share ideas I have been on her case to take pictures as she makes her cute things. I finally got her to do it. You will love how easy these are to make.
You can tell Caryn is also a ‘blogaholic’ because she sent me directions as if she was a professional blogger herself. I know she secretly wants to be.
I’m so happy that I can fulfill your dreams Caryn. You are welcome.
Take it away Car…
Ok if I must…
I got the inspiration for these bottles and display from…
1) Empty Bottles
2) Prime and paint…You do not need to remove labels (even if know-it-all hubby insists that it’s going to show and you don’t know how to craft.)
I love when I’m right…I say that as if that’s not always the case…:)
I think I did 1 prime and 2 paint coats.
3) Sprinkle generous amount of Epsom salt on newspaper.
4) Spray adhesive all over base of bottle rotating as you spray.
5) Roll the bottle in salt and/or apply by hand the parts the salt doesn’t reach.
6) Let dry.
7) Decorate and enjoy! (Then roll your eyes when know-it-all hubby says ‘It actually looks pretty good!’)
Bottles…depends on how fine your tastes are :)
Paint/Primer and Adhesive most of you crafters will have. Pack of 16 mini ornament balls at Target Dollar Spot- $1
Epsom Salt – $3 for that huge bag
Sticks – Stolen from my mom and dad’s yard.
I followed this tutorial to make the icy branches
I already had the pinecones and tea light holders.
So, really this project only cost $4?!!
Satisfaction of creating something yourself…
It’s worth all the mess and time..right?!
Yes, yes it is Caryn!
Thank you for sharing your beautiful display.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with next!
Now to show you a craft picture FAIL.
We really did get a good laugh out of this picture.
That’s Caryn’s dog Libby. She’s a good girl.
She doesn’t understand why we love to craft.
Have a good day…