I pinned this cute idea from Blue Bird Lucy’s. I thought they would be fun for my son’s preschool class. A kid can only get so much candy right?
- 2 cups plain flour (all purpose)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- up to 2 cups boiling water
- food coloring (optional)
- few drops glycerine (optional- adds more shine!)
- Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl
- Add the boiling water
- Stir continuously until it becomes a sticky, combined dough
- Add the food colouring and glycerine (both optional)
- Allow it to cool down then take it out of the bowl and knead it vigorously for a couple of minutes until all of the stickiness has gone. * This is the most important part of the process, so keep at it until it’s the perfect consistency!*
- (If it remains a little sticky then add a touch more flour until just right)
*This recipe made enough for 7 pumpkin balls.
I created these leaf tags to add to your pumpkins. Click here or on the image below to download and print. For best results print on a premium matte paper on an ink jet printer.
Wrap up the ‘pumpkins’ in some clear wrap, add some ribbon and the leaf tags. Then draw a face with a sharpie marker.
My son is excited to hand them out to his friends. These were so simple to make. You still have time to make some too!
Linking up with Whipperberry